BOOKINGS NOW BEING TAKEN FOR 2018/19
STAR Teaching School Alliance is pleased to be able to offer an exciting new programme designed specifically for EYFS practitioners/teachers/teaching assistants. The programme will be running throughout the 2018–19 academic year.
The programme, delivered in partnership with Elaine Broadbent (NYCC School Improvement and Early Years Service) will include a series of 3 face-to-face training sessions and school-based development tasks.
The main focus will be of the programme will beSTAR EYFS flyer 2018-19 Communication and Language in the Early Years equipping EYFS teachers/practitioners with the skills to help develop children’s language in this “IPAD age”, focusing on the acquisition of vocabulary and closing the Word Gap.
The programme aims to allow delegates to:
- explore current national and local priorities around closing the word gap for children;
- understand the implications of the word gap on children’s academic achievement;
- consider the importance of language development for children;
- focus on developing vocabulary acquisition
- become equipped to support children to use the vocabulary to enhance their learning in other areas of the EYFS.
- to reflect on the learning and put into practice between sessions by keeping a learning portfolio;
- continue their professional development as EYFS practitioners; and
- create a peer support network enabling the sharing of best practice and improved outcomes for EYFS learners.
Who should apply?
Individuals working in EYFS who wish to develop their expertise.
Places are limited to 20 for the 2018/19 cohort