BOOKINGS NOW BEING TAKEN
September 2017 – July 2018
STAR Teaching School Alliance is pleased to be able to offer an exciting new programme designed specifically for Recently Qualified Teachers or those who are emerging as potential future leaders in either the Primary or Secondary phases. The programme will be running throughout the 2017–18 academic year.
Drawing from materials produced by St.Mary’s Teaching School and Leeds Beckett University, the programme will include a series of face-to-face training sessions and school-based development tasks. Additionally delegates will benefit from a personalised one-to-one development session led by an accredited coach from Leeds Carnegie Leaders in Learning.
The programme aims to:
- Enable delegates to embed excellence in their own teaching and learning and become confident and outstanding teachers;
- Provide opportunities for delegates to increase their knowledge and understanding of leadership competencies to develop curriculum leadership skills and team leadership attributes;
- Enable delegates to develop teamwork skills through project work;
- Enable delegates to reflect and further develop emotional intelligence capabilities that enhance their leadership effectiveness through coaching and keeping a learning portfolio;
- Support delegates in their career as aspiring leaders; and
- Create peer support network enabling the sharing of best practice and improved outcomes for learners.
Who should apply?
Individuals working in any age phase with responsibility for leading an aspect within a school, which may be a team of staff, Key Stage, department, subject or curriculum area.
Places are limited to 20 for the 2017/18 cohort