Carlton in Snaith Community Priamary seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Deputy Head teacher from September 2018
Location: Carlton in Snaith Community Primary School
Grade/Band: Leadership L1-L5
Vacancy Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Established Fulltime
Application Closing Date: Friday 27th April
Short Listing: Monday 30th April
Interview Dates: Tuesday 8th May Day 1 – Tasks and lesson observations
Wednesday 9th May Day 2 – Formal Interviews
Venue for Interview: Carlton in Snaith Community Primary School
Developing Lively, Inquiring and Creative Minds!
Do you have high expectations, energy, drive and vision? Are you keen to make a difference and be a key player in shaping the exciting future of our school?
The Head Teacher and Governors of our school are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated Deputy Head teacher from September 2018 who will complement the existing team. The successful candidate will help ensure that we have the right systems in place to enable us to deliver a first class education to our pupils and continue the positive development of the school. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and outstanding teacher with a proven track record of impact on standards as a leader across the primary range.
Our pupils want a Deputy Head teacher who:
- Is happy, friendly and positive
- Is fair
- Is hardworking and determined
- Makes learning exciting, enjoyable and fun
- Explains things well
- Has a good imagination
- Loves to learn
Our new Deputy Head teacher will have a very important role to play in shaping the school’s future and will take strategic responsibility a number of key areas of school life (specifics to be discussed at interview). The successful candidate will be part of the senior leadership team, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be highly organised and have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. The post holder will work closely with the Headteacher and have a key role in the development of the long term vision of the school.
In this key role you will:
- Be a warm and fun-loving person with the enthusiasm and energy to help lead our school to excellence
- Take full responsibility for the school in the absence of the Head teacher
- Be an enthusiastic and outstanding teacher who will inspire our children and have an enthusiasm for quality first teaching
- Have a proven record of success at Senior Leadership level.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with all members of our community in continuing to develop our school, motivating and working with others to create a shared culture and positive climate.
- Be able to motivate, lead and inspire a high performing team.
- Have experience of developing staff through coaching and mentoring, resulting in positive impact on pupil progress.
- Have experience of strategic planning and of school self-review.
- Have an understanding of how data analysis is used for pupil progress and school improvement.
- Promote high expectations of progress and attainment for all
- Take responsibility for analysis of key school performance data to ensure priorities are appropriate and improvement in standards is promoted
- Evaluate the quality of teaching and standards of achievement, setting targets for improvement
- Build a collaborative learning culture within the school and actively engage with other schools to strengthen capacity.
- Bring a sense of energy, enthusiasm and commitment to the role.
In return we offer:
- A warm and welcoming school with a supportive and hardworking staff team
- A strong leadership team who encourage development and a supportive ethos
- A school with aspiration and a genuine determination to reach the highest standards in teaching, learning and pastoral care
- Supportive Governors who strive to push forward the continued development of the school
- A friendly village orientated ethos with open door policy for parents
- Continued professional development
- A school who is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.