STAR Teaching School Alliance
Governor CPD Programme
Understanding RAISEonline Data to Improve School Outcomes
“22. It is essential that every board has at least one governor with the skills to understand and interpret the full detail of the educational performance and the financial data available. These governors should make sure that the board has a correct understanding of the school’s performance and finances. They should identify from the data the issues that need to be discussed and addressed as a priority. Other governors should learn from them and undertake any available training opportunities to improve their confidence and skills in looking at data. While boards may decide to establish a committee to look in detail at performance data, all governors should be able to engage fully with discussions about data in relation to the educational and financial performance of their school. If they cannot, they should undertake appropriate training or development to enable them to do so.”
Governance handbook, November 2015
STAR Teaching School Alliance, in conjunction with Leeds Carnegie Leaders in Learning, is pleased to be able to offer a twilight training session for governors on:
Wednesday 18th January, 6:30-9:30pm at Monk Fryston School
Who should apply?
The twilight session is aimed at any school governor and will provide an important insight into using RAISEonline Data. The course will enable you to:
- Understand the contribution and limitations that the data makes to school self-evaluation
- Be familiar with the range of data available within the system and have the skills to interpret it
- Have knowledge of key terms and concepts used in RAISEonline and an understanding of the protocols to follow
- Be aware of how you can use the data to challenge and support your school leadership team
- Have the opportunity to network, share experiences & collaborate with other governors
A small charge of £3.00 per STAR delegate will be made (up to a maximum of £10 / STAR school for 4 or more delegates) or £4.00 per non-STAR delegate will be made (up to a maximum of £15/ non-STAR school sending with 4 or more delegates attending) to cover refreshments and administration.
To book a place, please complete the following details and press send: