CPD Programme for School Governors
Pupil Premium Making a difference to the lives of disadvantaged pupils
“More successful schools saw raising the attainment of disadvantaged pupils as part of their commitment to help all pupils achieve their full potential. They prioritised quality teaching for all, seeing attendance, behaviour and emotional support as necessary but
not sufficient for academic success. They made every effort to understand every pupil as an individual and tailored their programmes accordingly. They linked teaching and learning interventions to classroom work, monitored attainment and intervened quickly to address learning needs. They ensured TAs had the necessary training and expertise to
deliver interventions, provide feedback and monitor progress..” Supporting the attainment of disadvantaged pupils: articulating success and good practice. Research report for the DFE November 2015
STAR Teaching School Alliance, in conjunction with Leeds Carnegie Leaders in Learning is pleased to be able to offer a twilight training session for governors on:
Wednesday 3rd May, 6:30-9:30pm at Monk Fryston School
Who should apply?
The twilight session is aimed at any school governor who wants to further develop their understanding of key school governance processes and systems.
The course will enable you to:
- Understand what the definition of ‘disadvantaged pupils’ means and the funding available.
- Understand what data is available and how it can be used to ask the right questions.
- Understand the role of the governing body and its accountability for Pupil Premium impact.
- Understand how the government reports on the performance of disadvantaged pupils and the expectations on schools for reporting.
- Understand how whole-school strategies have been effective and what success looks like.
- Have the opportunity to network, share experiences & collaborate with other governors
A small charge of £3.00 per STAR delegate will be made (up to a maximum of £10 / STAR school for 4 or more delegates) or £4.00 per non-STAR delegate will be made (up to a maximum of £15/ non-STAR school sending with 4 or more delegates attending) to cover refreshments and administration.
To apply please fill in the form below: